AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cleaning up seatch term report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to remove things from the search term report? I want to clean up the search term report every week, but have not found a way to do this....

cheers

Aleks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cleaning up seatch term report

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Aleksander,

Could you please explain in detail so that i can help you out on that.

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure :-)

When I'm looking at my search term report, I pick out words that I want to use as negative keywords. To keep track of what I've put as a negative keyword, I would like to remove the search term history every once in a while. Does that make sense?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
No, there is not way to completely remove search terms from your account for a period of time. Try maintaining that in the excel. Would make your life easy Smiley Happy

Robin

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Aleks,

As Robin said, you can't remove history. What I do usually, I keep record of the date range I last did SQR and when doing SQR next time I just select date range accordingly.

Hope that helps,

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hello Aleksander.

There is one thing you can do.
When you add a keyword to the negative keywords list, it is marked as "Excluded" (You can add this column in "Columns -> Modify Columns -> Attributes"). You can view the Search Terms report, and apply a filter to NOT show the excluded keywords, like so:

1.jpg

Then, the report will show you all the search terms without the negative keywords you already have.

Note: Also negative keywords on campaign level are marked "Excluded" and not only Account level.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Aleksander,

To track the report best thing you can do that download the report to you drive and highlight those keywords which you have put as negative keyword.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Kaushik

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you are suggesting that you want to clear the contents of the search term report after reviewing it, you cannot. All historical data remains in the account. However, if a search term does not get any action after a month or 3 months, it will be erased from the search term report for that time frame. The data will remain in the totals. This is why you might see a click or conversion, but no search term. I recommend you not review the search term report for the same time frame in order to avoid any repetition.

If what you meant is how to clean up the words coming through, review the search terms and find words that you don't want coming through. Either highlight these and than add them to the negative list later or select them and choose "Add as Negative Keyword", or "Add Keyword" if you thought it was a great match and you want to target it specifically.