AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Clarification needed: Tracking template functionality

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have set up my tracking template on account level to include the parameter "&placement={adgroupid}". Auto tagging is enabled.

In one of my older ad groups I still run with legacy a final URL structure where the parameter "&placement=" is included as well. For all  of the 30 image ads it says "&placement={placement}", no other ads included in that ad group.

However, for that ad group only ad group IDs are handed over since a few days. I thought that ad level overrules account level here. Shouldn't it?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Julian

PS: It's all image ads (30 of them), no other ads included - I can pretty much exclude errors!

Clarification needed: Tracking template functionality

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As the help pages states, "You can create up to three custom parameters at any level of your account except for the account level. If your custom parameters use the same name, AdWords will use the most specific custom parameter that you create. "

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6325879

So it seems that ad level parameters overrule account level.