AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Check Conversion Codes with Ease

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Why hello there community members, it’s ScottyD here and today I want to make you aware of an awesome update which you may have missed this month. In the last video we discussed two ways in which to check whether an AdWords conversion tracking code had been installed correctly or at all. Coincidentally this new update makes this process a whole lot easier.

Simply login to your AdWords account and navigate to the Tools tab towards the top of the page. Click on Conversions from the drop down menu and you will be presented with a dashboard listing all the conversion snippets you have created. If you haven’t been on this page within the last week or two then you might be surprised to see a new column called Tracking Status. From here you can quickly see which conversions are functional and which have issues. Hovering over the speech bubble icon next to one of these statuses will also make you aware of when the conversion tag was last seen along with when a conversion was actually recorded.

Now bear in mind that it can take a few hours for AdWords to verify the code on your website so don’t be alarmed if you see the unverified status to begin with. If you do see this message for over 24 hours however or encounter a different tracking status then I recommend reading this Help Centre article.

Feel free to let us know your own feedback on this awesome update in the comments below and for now I shall say farewell and happy advertising!

Thirsty for more AdWords knowledge? Check out these videos also -

How to Check AdWords Conversion Tracking Codes

A Quick Look at Google Web Designer

Overview of 3 Awesome AdWords Features

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Check Conversion Codes with Ease

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Scotty, 

Thanks for this helpful video that talks about the latest improvements in conversion code verification. 

I'm sure our users will find this useful too. Hope to see more such videos from Community members. 

Best,

Mini

Re: Check Conversion Codes with Ease

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome! One question, to change the status of the conversion pixel a conversion has to occur? Or the fact that the conversion pixel is pasted on the website is the trigger that switches the status from "unvefiried" to reporting?
Thanks!

Check Conversion Codes with Ease

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is there any way to see if your conversion values are accurate?