AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing the setting of view-through conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have been reading about view-through conversions which I am now seeing in my account due to me starting a Remarketing campaign.

I've read a few times that you need to change the settings for view-through conversions so that they have the same conversion window as your normal conversions and also you need to change the setting so that dupilcate conversions don't get counted across the search and display networks.

In all the examples I've seen it is using the old AdWords interface and I can't see how to do this in the new interface.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Changing the setting of view-through conversions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There were some updates to this metric and how it is counted. It seems that it has included now a default de-duplication for both Search and Display conversions . It is explained here in message 8 , that now ViewThrough Conversions are only counting conversions happening from a non-paid source :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-are-view-through-conversions-reported...

At least that is what I understood from that message.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

There were some updates to this metric and how it is counted. It seems that it has included now a default de-duplication for both Search and Display conversions . It is explained here in message 8 , that now ViewThrough Conversions are only counting conversions happening from a non-paid source :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-are-view-through-conversions-reported...

At least that is what I understood from that message.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for this.

So basically a view through conversion means the ad generated a sale via direct or referral or organic traffic?

How do people report on these conversions?

Without a value for them its difficult to determine the ROI of the Remarketing campaigns (at the minute all I am seeing is view through conversions - no normal conversions).

Does anyone have any advice on how to report on these?

Thanks,
Laura

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes a convesion took place from a direct/organic/referral source AND the user was exposed to at least 1 Impression of a paid AdWords Image Ad prior to converting.

I don't use values for reporting the ViewThrough Conversions, I just use this metric to decide what placement is worth keeping in a Display Network campaign.