AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing how the Remarketing Tag is deployed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm looking to change the way that our organisation deploys the remarketing tag. Currently it's done on an ad hoc basic embedded the code within a content item on our CMS. I would like to start using it via GTM.

If I do this, will any historical data/lists within Adwords be affected? The Remarketing Tag will remain the same. Just want a final sanity check before I go ahead with this.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elaine F
May

Re: Changing how the Remarketing Tag is deployed

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Elaine,

No, your historical data and lists will remain intact if you implement the same remarketing code via GTM. The audiences are persisted through browser based cookies on the users' devices. The only exception would be if you are not using the same code and instead are replacing page-specific tags (more info on this here). This scenario would be unlikely given how long the new tag has been available.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Changing how the Remarketing Tag is deployed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the response - really appreciated.