AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Change in audience insights of uploaded email ids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently created a remarketing list using customer email ids. I did not run any ads on it. Now i revisited this list after a month and found very detailed insights on the uploaded audience via the audience insights section. I wanted to run ads on a specific section of this audience but when i came back to this view after a few days the insights had changed quite a bit and were now irrelevant.

Any idea what is happening here and why the insights changed so much?

I also added another separate customer email list, could it be because of that?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chaitali K,

The thing to look at is whether you changed the date range (upper right hand corner) and if you added another audience list or replaced the existing audience list. Either of these would effect your results that changed on you.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's Kind of like this. When you create an email remarketing list. If those people already visited your website and you have created your all visitor remarketing list then you can see their data. And if you have fresh upload an email list and run a campaign then only cookies will store to their browser and they can be tracked. Even if you won't run a campaign on AdWords but on the different vendor. Still, their details will be captured as soon as they will visit your website. So insights will change. 

Either this or you might have selected the wrong list. check if it's the fresh list which is not there in your all visitor remarketing list

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks James.

So yes I did upload another audience list. So now I have 2 remarketing lists under the shared library tab. Can you help me understand how uploading another, separate audience list can change insights from my previous list?