AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Change in Conversion tracking status

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I changed the landing page of my campaign to improve the performance today. After changing the landing page the status of the conversion tracking code is changed from recording conversions to no recent conversions. Does it effect in recording the conversions.

Looking for answers Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Binesh C
January 2016

Re: Change in Conversion tracking status

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Binesh,

It could be just that there have been no conversions yet...

Ultimately, you need to make sure that whatever you were previously doing to capture conversions is still in place and will function properly from the new landing page.

For instance, if you're using AdWords conversion tracking on the confirmation page of a form and then change the landing page to one with a different form where you do not have conversion tracking on the confirmation page, you will not be tracking conversions for the new page.

My best practice when setting up conversion tracking is to set it up in such a way so that all potential conversions will be tracked on the site regardless of which page is used ad a landing page for my ads.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Binesh C
January 2016

Re: Change in Conversion tracking status

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Binesh,

It could be just that there have been no conversions yet...

Ultimately, you need to make sure that whatever you were previously doing to capture conversions is still in place and will function properly from the new landing page.

For instance, if you're using AdWords conversion tracking on the confirmation page of a form and then change the landing page to one with a different form where you do not have conversion tracking on the confirmation page, you will not be tracking conversions for the new page.

My best practice when setting up conversion tracking is to set it up in such a way so that all potential conversions will be tracked on the site regardless of which page is used ad a landing page for my ads.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’