AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Change from CPC to CPA, and I received No Impression.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to make a conversion oriented campaign for which I changed A Campaign which was receiving too many clicks [April 12th clicks received 12, Impressions 51 and went out of the daily budget in 15 minutes, 0 Conversions.] I changed to Target CPA and it has been two days that I am running the campaign [I have received only 3 impressions and No clicks], what are the possible reasons for this downfall?

and what can I do to optimise my campaign, Should I keep using the optimise for conversions strategy or change it to optimise for clicks?

and status for that campaign is shown to be Eligible(Learning).

Please Help, Thank You.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Raghav S
April 2017

Change from CPC to CPA, and I received No Impression.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

hi @raghav s,

Here is some useful information which you must go through before you begin with Target CPA bidding.

Before you begin

Before you can set up a Target CPA bid strategy, you’ll need to set up conversion tracking.

To maximize results and give machine learning algorithms enough data to make informed bidding decisions, we recommend that you have at least 30 conversions in the past 30 days. It also helps if your ad group or campaign has received conversions at a similar rate for at least a few days.

Read more about Target CPA bidding

As there is no past conversion data in your AdWords account, the system is unable to get the enough information to work on the bidding strategy. Hence, the status has been assigned as Learning.

To get better results, I would recommend to use another bidding strategy until you match the criteria for Target CPA bidding.

Choose keywords and match types to yield best results/ conversions.

A/b testing of Ad copies and ad positions.

Check your landing page whether it is relevant to the keywords and ad copies.

Note:

12 clicks are not enough to give conversions, if you are getting conversion in just 12 clicks then its good to go.

Try expanding your campaign with more keywords to have more traffic.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’