AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Capture User ID in Saleforce -> Analytics ->adwords conversion reporting?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, we're having an issue with tracking across adwords, analytics, and salesforce.

We currently use the adwords offline conversion report to upload salesforce leads to allocate conversions properly (by capturing the gclid parameter).

However, integrating with analytics is a bigger problem. We haven't been able to get conversion tracking in analytics to match well with salesforce numbers. Here's my question:

If we implement user id/client id tracking, capture that in salesforce, and then use data upload/management protocol to upload conversions from salesforce to google analytics... Will google analytics be able to associate that  conversion with the original session, which we could then set as a conversion from google adwords, which would then allocate the conversion to the appropriate keyword/campaign/etc?

Complicated, I know. But the idea is to be able to see effective data in analytics, for remarketing, segmenting, etc.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We do, actually, we've experimented with various types of Analytics goal triggers but have found multiple reasons that those numbers don't match actual conversions in salesforce, which throws our ROI calculations off, as well as our ability to optimize our adwords campaigns.

To reiterate the problem more simply: We currently sync Salesforce to Adwords, but Analytics is left out of the loop. I'd like any solution that properly syncs conversions across salesforce, Analytics, and Adwords. 

ONE idea we've kicked around is using data upload or measurement protocol from salesforce to google analytics, which in theory should track conversions exactly. Then we use those conversions in Analytics as our adwords conversions and everything is synced.

Doing this would mean we stop using the offline conversion upload from salesforce to Adwords, but I believe without doing something else the measurement protocol won't be able to convey what adwords campaign the salesforce lead comes from. We currently capture the gclid parameter to do that. Would capturing the client id or user id suffice?

...And I know that is massively complicated. Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy