AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Connect Adwords with Analytics properly

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi to all,

I am having some trouble understanding how i will import Google Analyics metrics to my adwords account. 

I know the drill on how to connect adwords and analytics, i ve done it to all of my clients.

I can see my adwords account data in analytics though when i go to Customize Columns button from Keywords or Campaigns tab i cannot find Google Analytic metrics to import them in my keyword columns. 

One very important metric is Bounce Rate but there are others equal important metrics from analytics that i need to see more easily without going back and forth to every analytics account of my clients.

Can someone give me assistance on this please.

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gege
September 2015

Re: Cannot Connect Adwords with Analytics properly

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I think you may have missed step 2 from this page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

This is the screen for connecting your account with the analytics data 

skipped-step-maybe.png

And after you select a web property and save, this is the message you receive :

message-after-linking.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author gege
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I think you may have missed step 2 from this page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

This is the screen for connecting your account with the analytics data 

skipped-step-maybe.png

And after you select a web property and save, this is the message you receive :

message-after-linking.png

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Gege,

Make sure you are selecting the correct profile under Analytics which you want to link with your Adwords.

Google Analytics columns are available by default in all the accounts but you can enable them once your accounts are linked. As far as I understand you don't need to import them, just need to enable them.

2013-08-14 14_02_11-Campaign Management.jpg

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thx Adrian. I indeed missed that second step. For the record though i think that Google recently changed the My Account Menu and added the Linked Accounts item there. Either i was looking at another direction or something recently changed and i did not catch up. Thanks again for the quick and accurate respond. P.S. : I loved bicycling in herastrau park Smiley Wink
George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thx pankaj1782 .
George Gemenetzis

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

One day they will make all analytics connections in 1 step. For now there are 4 steps that any account setup should include :

1) Connect analytics and adwords just to analyze data in analytics (adwords sending data to analytics )

2) If you want to import goals as conversions , there is a different step to take (analytics sending data to adwords ) . 

3) If you want to import columns for bounce, there is the step "import analytics views", as if we didn't need to have them by default in all accounts. (analytics sending data to adwords )

And if you expand the section "Data availability" there is another Easter egg surprise :

"If your site is sending more than 50,000 visits per day to Google Analytics, it can take up to 48 hours for all data to be updated. "

4) Different procedure to create remarketing lists in analytics and importing them in adwords ( again analytics sending data to adwords ) . Much more useful because of the advanced segmenting when creating a list .