AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can you track Google forwarding conversions outside of Google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to track phone call conversions within Adwords if someone calls a Google forwarding number without having seen or clicked the Google ad? For instance, if I set up 1-800-123-4567 for my account, and then someone in this forum decided to call it/convert, is that activity traced back into Adwords?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can you track Google forwarding conversions outside of Google?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ID,

Yes, I suppose it would, it's no different than someone calling directly from the ad, there is no click involved. But if you're considering a way to use your forwarding numbers in another manner, please be aware of the following:

"Your Google forwarding number is designed to track your online ad performance for call conversions, and your number(s) may change between ad groups and vary over time. Therefore, we don't recommend that you post or promote this number beyond your online ad campaigns with AdWords."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Can you track Google forwarding conversions outside of Google?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
There are other 3rd party call tracking solutions which allow you to do what you want to do - and the numbers will not change - tommy has a really good point - especially if these numbers are likely to be in print or even just added to people's contacts on their phone...