AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can you see demographic information on clicks for search ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not want to limit my ads with targeting, but I do want to see information about who is clicking on the ads. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can you see demographic information on clicks for search ads?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Demographic metrics such as age and gender (as the ones available for AdWords display campaigns in google analytics in the report Audience>>Demographics) are not available for search ads.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Golub,

You won't be able to see the demographic information directly in Adwords for search ads. But you can get that information from your Google Analytics account if your Adwords account is linked to it.

Go to Audiences > Demographics>Age on left hand side of Analytics panel as shown in the screenshot below:

Age.png

Then select Campaign in second hand dimension.

second dimension.png

Now choose the right time period for the date range and export the file. You can now see the age-groups data for all of your campaigns including those of search Smiley Happy

Note: The age-groups you will see is of the people who have visited your site which is lesser than people who have clicked on your ads. 

Hope it helps !!

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Deepak G, google analytics does not show age and gender data for search ads as you have mentioned.  This data is available only for AdWords display network campaigns.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response. Can you please try the solution suggested by me once. I can see the age group data in the search campaigns in my case. Expect the same for others Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes you are right, at first I checked an account which showed no age/gender for search campaigns, but after checking some more accounts I found one which shows around 50% of the sessions with age/gender also for search ads.
I guess many browsers are blocking the 3rd party double click cookie in my country.
Sorry for my missinformation.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It's okay. That's the major benefit of being active on Advertising community. It broaden your learning horizon Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Great job, Adrian and Deepak.