AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can you import Google Analytics event tracking into Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have linked my Google Analytics and Adwords accounts correctly. I have previously been able to import any Analytics Goals which I have set up into Adwords fine.

My question is can I import my Analytics onClick events into Adwords as conversions?

Cheers

Iain Wood  

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iain W
September 2015

Re: Can you import Google Analytics event tracking into Google Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, GA imports into AdWords are limited to Goals and Transactions. If these onClick events are worth enough to you that you'd like to import them into AdWords as conversions, you can set up event goals in GA.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Iain,

I agree with Tommy here.

If you wish to track these events as conversions for you, you just need to set them up as goals in Google Analytics and then import them into adwords as goals. Here is a good link from AdWords help on this: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks ShashankSingh, I ended up figuring it out in the end but thank you for the link.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tommy, I ended up figuring it out in the end and now have it all working. Thanks for the reply.

Can you import Google Analytics event tracking into Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ian,

I was wondering if you can share how you were able to import an event goal in GA to Adwords? We implemented an event tracking on our site (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/events) and I'm now seeing data getting in under Behavior > Events. So these aren't really standard goals that I can easily import to Adwords and I'm wanting to track these events as conversion in Adwords. Please let me know if you found a way to do it!

Thanks,

Apryl

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Apryl,

As the two answers I received above the only way to have events pull through as conversions in Adwords is to make the event into a goal. Once I changed my event into a goal I was easily able to connect it through as a conversion into Adwords.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Iain