AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can you get a toll free forwarding number for a local phone number?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I read somewhere that if I list a local number (on say, call extension or on call only ads)... Google forwarding number will also be a local number that matches the area code. (and vice versa for toll free numbers)

Is it possible to get a toll free number instead of matching area code local number? 

My client can't get a 800 number because he has this weird contract lockdown with his IVR provider.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Can you get a toll free forwarding number for a local phone number

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Taewoo

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

When you enter a local number for your call extension, we'll assign a local Google forwarding number. If available, local Google forwarding numbers will share the same area code or prefix number as your business; otherwise, a local number area code or prefix for your geographic region will be used instead. (Note: This feature is currently only available in Sweden and the US. In some cases, a local Google forwarding number may not be available. When this happens, your ad will show a toll-free Google forwarding number instead.)

---
You really don't get to pick the numbers that are being used in call fowarding by Google, they are assigned and can change at any time.

if you use a 3rd party service ( paid) you can choose what you want as your call tracking number. Has it's advantages in more ways then one.

Can you get a toll free forwarding number for a local phone number?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any idea how i get a toll free google phone number that forwards to my other google numbers??