AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can we track the conversions on different Domain Names?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was setting up conversion for my website. But as the conversion tracking was not tracking it, I came to a question.

Will conversion tracking work with cross Domains?

Like if I am having a website www.Example.com, and I am using adwords for it. But my conversions are completed on another website Domain, such as: http://secure.abc.com, will these gets tracked?

Please reply me as my conversions are not getting tracked.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we track the conversions on different Domain Names?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Damanpreetgill and welcome to the forum.  Yes, Conversions will track across domains - this is quite common in fact as many ecommerce sites use third-party payment gateways on domains other than their primary website.

Have you any way of checking whether the code is implemented correctly?  How long has it been in place?  Do you have any other stats (e.g. Analytics) to suggest you should have had a conversion by now?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Cobnut,

Thanks for your quick response. I have placed the code since last 2 months and there aren't any conversions tracked into it. It is still showing unverified.

It has happened for the first time for me. I am not using any other stats for this tracking. I think I will have to use the Analytics Goal for Cross Domain.

Will it makes difference if the code is placed in between the Page, as I am having 2 more tables (Footer) after the code.

Thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Damapreetgill, where the code appears within the body of the page shouldn't matter, it sounds to me as though there's a problem with the code itself.

Are you able to examine the "converting" page to see how the JavaScript for the code is rendered?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can I send you the landing page as private message? So that you can check it..

OR Any other way where you can check the same?

I am not having much knowledge about the Javascript.

Thanks
Daman

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Damapreetgill,

Using Analytics Goals for cross-domain conversion tracking is much more difficult to set up than adding the AdWords conversion code to your thank you page on that domain.

I'd stick with the conversion code. Have you put through a test conversion yourself? That's often the only way to verify the code.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your opinion pete.

For self test, i need to find my ad on search network and then do the dummy conversion. am i right?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Damapreetgill,

That is correct. Do a live search on Google and click on your own ad and complete a conversion. When you get to the "thank you", look at the source and make sure the AdWords conversion code is present. Give the system some time to work, it can take up to 24 hours.

If you're not sure, save the generated source code for the page (with a .txt extension). I will take a look.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete,

The issue is now resolved. I created a new code and deleted the previous one. It is working fine for me now.

Thanks all for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I am facing this same issue. Just to clarify, if www.Example.com is sending traffic to http://secure.abc.com (where they convert), I only need to add conversion tracking code to http://secure.abc.com -- correct?

The conversion tracking code has been on my http://secure.abc.com site for sometime now, I have only just created the www.Example.com gateway website. The adwords campaign for www.Example.com is pulling conversion data, I just didn't know if it was correct data because I haven't added any Adwords code to www.Example.com