AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can we track leads of email mentioned on website

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

We can track leads of email mentioned on website (example@site.com) ? I know we can track through Google Tag Manager but there is any option in Google Adwords or Analytics from we can track leads (Clicks) on email id mentioned on website. Mainly I am interested to track paid clicks that is generated by Google Adwords.

If there is any option to track clicks of email mentioned on website (Paid & Organic) please let me know.

Thanks,

Pavan 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
September 2015

Re: Can we track leads of email mentioned on website

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are unfamiliar with GTM you can send events to GA by modify links to emails on your website like this:
<a href="mailto:test@example.com" onclick="ga('send','event','category','action')">test@example.com</a>

And then set up goals in GA according to 'category' and 'action'.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Pavan,

you can create events in Analytics first using GTM, and then create goals based on these events inside Analytics so they would be imported to adwords if you need. You can't track clicks through Google Tag Manager - it's just a tool which helps to simplify conversion tracking set up in this case so I would recommend to use it. You can set up goals based on click element Built-In GTM Variable.

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers,
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavan Rai
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you are unfamiliar with GTM you can send events to GA by modify links to emails on your website like this:
<a href="mailto:test@example.com" onclick="ga('send','event','category','action')">test@example.com</a>

And then set up goals in GA according to 'category' and 'action'.