AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can we see the bounce rate in Adwords Campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I see the bounce rate of my ad copies or keywords in Adwords campaign? If yes then what is the process and where i can see the bounce rate in Adwords? 

Thanks 

Gagan

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we see the bounce rate in Adwords Campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gagan,

Your click through rate (CTR) in a sense is like a bounce rate for your AdWords performance. If your ad gets an impression without a click then it's similar to a user seeing the initial page of a site and then navigating away from it.

Other than that, you can't see a real bounce rate from within the AdWords interface itself, you'll need to use Analytics instead.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Scott,

I'm able to see GA metrics (like bounce rate & pages per session) within my AdWords account, as I've linked the GA account from both GA & AdWords. Wouldn't this help in understanding keyword/ ad level bounce rates?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sumanth Sridhar, I was actually taking it from a top level perspective of the ads and keywords themselves having some sort of bounce rate statistics. I see what is being asked now, thanks for the input Smiley Wink

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

@Scott: I was in doubt for a moment, then tried to guess what you might be referring to Smiley Happy

@gagan: I'd suggest reading this article for more info on GA metrics in AdWords.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@gagan S - Agreed with Sumath & Scott above... link your GA account to AdWords and import the data into the AdWords interface to see bounce rates.

1 thing I would take care of I was using stand alone landing pages with, say a form fill as your conversion...
Everyone who doesnt fill in your form and reach the Thank you page are "bounced" visitors...
This means it is inversely proportional to your Conversion rate.
So basically for stand alone LPs, I would not consider bounce rates as a metric at all. I would rather see other GA metrics like time on page etc.

If you are going to be seeing this for users coming to your website, then it makes sense...
Another thing I would look at along with bounce rates then, would be number of pages viewed and time on site. Also, if you set up event tracking through GA for how much a user scrolled, what links did they move their mouse on etc... it would give you deeper insights into user behaviour or interaction on your webpages.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes U can see the bounce rate for your adcopies, in adwords after selecting Ads tab by using columns option using the drop drown menu you can enable bounce rate

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved in 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.