AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can we keep both AdWords conversion code and Google Tag manager code on Thank You page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

We added Google Tag manager code for adwords conversion code in Thank you page. Now we have Both codes (tag manager & adwords conversion) in Thank You page. We would like to run few weeks with both the codes. Once Google Tag manager code is properly tracking adwords conversions then we will remove adwords tracking code and continue only with Tag manager code.

During this process we noticed that Thank you is not working. But after we removing [CDATA[ from adwords tracking code, Thank you page start working.

Any one have facing this kind of issue when having both adwords tracking code & Google tag manager code in thank you page? 

Thank You in Advance

Re: Can we keep both AdWords conversion code and Google Tag manager code on Thank You page?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I have not seen those by mine, but i can imagine this happening since they may clash somehow.

Anyone with more please come on!

Re: Can we keep both AdWords conversion code and Google Tag manager code on Thank You page?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

I think this question is better suited for tag manager forum.

But from what i know

In your situation code will fire twice and you will get double the number of conversions.

I would also suggest you should use google tag assistant to check which codes are firing on your thankyou page and if not what is the reason for not firing.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog