AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can the Tag Manager Code be installed in front of the closing </body>?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with some templated websites where I can only add the Tag Manager Container Code before the closing </body> tag. Tag Manager says that the code should go after the opening <body> tag. Will this still work if the code is at that end of the body section?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author surfsurge
September 2015

Re: Can the Tag Manager Code be installed in front of the closing <

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi surfsurge,

The code should work fine just before the closing body tag. The only thing is a visitor could leave the page before the code runs. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. If a visitor bounces so quickly that the code at the end of the page doesn't run, that visitor is probably not a very good prospect anyway.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author surfsurge
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi surfsurge,

The code should work fine just before the closing body tag. The only thing is a visitor could leave the page before the code runs. I'm not sure that's a bad thing. If a visitor bounces so quickly that the code at the end of the page doesn't run, that visitor is probably not a very good prospect anyway.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info Pete.