AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't link Analytics to Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using the same Google account for both Analytics and Adwords and have Admin rights in both.  I'm trying to follow the instructions outlined at: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

In Analytics I can see the Data Sources tab but it says:

To link your AdWords account, please access this page via the Google Analytics option under the Tools & Analysis tab in AdWords.

When I go to AdWords, the Data Sources tab is not there.  There are only Assets, Users, Goals, Filters, and Profile Settings.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't link Analytics to Adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure why that is, but try drilling further down, into a profile, and than check profile settings, where you possibly could choose cost source

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hmmm...Interesting;

Is auto-tagging in Adwords enabled?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. Tried that and even set it to "Yes, an Ecommerce Site" even though it isn't to see if that might add the Data Sources tab... but no luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. Auto-tagging wasn't enabled so I enabled it and still no Data Sources tab. Any other ideas?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AdWiser (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

After enabling auto tagging wait 24 hrs. That should resolve the issue.

Please report back

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That seems to have worked.  Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have had the same trouble and created a "how to" to help others having the same issue: http://ppcprofessionals.com/ppc-blog/how-to-link-google-analytics-and-adwords/