AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get conversion tracking to work properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I just started using Adwords a few weeks ago, and right now I need to configure my conversion tracking, in a way that when a user fills a form, adwords will add a conversion to me.

I tried a few different methods so far like using Google Tag Manager or just adding the adwords conversion track code directly, but so far none worked!

I added Google Tag Manager scripts as instructed, created an Adwords conversion tag, and created a trigger that only works in the page that the user sees after filling and submitting the form. My website is this: www.marinamineira.com.br, the form is in the bottom of the page. After the user clicks "ENVIAR", he submits the form and a "thank you" page (www.marinamineira.com.br/p/agradecimento) takes place, that's the page I configured in GTM to fire the tag. I did test with the GTM extension and it is firing when i get to this page, except that when accessing adwords, i'm not seeing any new conversions.

Anyone can please help me out? If you guys need some screenshots, let me know.

Like i said, i also tried using the adwords code directly, adding an onclick event on the submit button to send a conversion, but it didnt work either.

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Marina,

The easiest and most reliable way is to add conversion code to the thank you page, or create a goal in Analytics for visits to the thank you page and import it into AdWords. AdWords will only count visits that came from ad clicks.

For Tag Manager, you need the trigger to be the submit button on the page the form is at, not the thank you page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

I did create a goal in analytics pointing to my thank you page, but i have two problems:

1 - It seems that analytics isn't considering that im reaching the thank you page every time i get there. (I'm testing right now and i clicked submit form like 10 times, i wait a few minutes and check analytics again, and some times it isn't showing anything at all. Seems quite random, actually, only a few times it is adding +1 to complete goals). Any ideas on why this is happening?

2 - I have imported this goal in adwords, but the following message is being displayed to me: No recent conversions : know more on how to confirmate your code.

By the way i tried adding the conversion code from adwords directly to the thank you page but it isn't registering the conversions properly anyway. But thank you for the help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Marina,

Conversions will only show up in AdWords from people who clicked on your ad. So unless you are clicking on your own ad your visits won't show up.

Rather than repeatedly submitting the form, does everything work in Analytics if you visit just once and submit it? (Wait 30 minutes after you last visited your site).