AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get all campaigns to appear in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 6 campaigns that were created 3 years ago and some of them I disabled.  I have 6 new campaigns that were created about 6 months ago and I have not been able to get them to show up in my Google Analytics.  The old campaigns, including the ones that were disabled, are showing in Google Analytics. I created new campaigns because the way that the campaigns were being managed was a disaster and we just needed a fresh slate.

I have tried troubleshooting and the correct accounts are linked both ways to/from Google Analytics and Google Adwords.  Tagging is set to "Yes".  It doesn't appear to be a gclid issue because the same landing pages are used in the same way.  I also can't seem to find any differences in the way the old campaigns are set up and the way the new ones are set up.

Can anyone help figure out how to make sure all my campaigns in our single Adwords account, including future ones that I set up, will be tied to our Google Analytics?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't get all campaigns to appear in Google Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds odd. We´ll start with some "basic" question to be sure of those things first.

1) Are you sure you have Analytics code on your landing pages for new campaigns?

2) Do you have any filters at all for your Analytics-profile(s)?

3) Do old and new campaigns have different names?

4) Are you checking the correct time span? Smiley Frustrated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, David.

To respond:

1) Yes - we don't have the ability to create "true" landing pages, so the landing pages are formal pages on our website.  Yes, they have Google Analytics tracking as I can see any other types of tracking on those pages.

2) I don't believe we have any filters for our Analytics profiles. 

3) Yes, the new and old campaigns have different names and are entirely new campaigns.  They aren't attached to the old ones.  The old ones were mis-managed and quite a mess.  I don't want any attachment to them there.

4) Yes, I'm checking the correct time span.  I went to Adwords to see when the date I first activated it and I made sure that I started from that date. 

We have activity in Adwords... I can see that for these campaigns.  I can see activity on the web pages themselves within Google Analytics.  But, when I go Google Analytics under <Advertising> <Adwords>, I only see the older campaigns, including the 3 that I "disabled" within Google Adwords.  The disabled campaigns show no recent activity - which would be true.  It's very puzzling to me.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
"2) I don't believe we have any filters for our Analytics profiles. "

Can you check?
Are the appearing on your RAW/unfiltered profile?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
5. Have you checked gclid manually, i.e. by clicking on an ad after performin a search ni Google and/or in the display network?

6. How many clicks have these new campaigns received in total?

7. Are you using any other kind of (manual) tagging for URL:s in ads?