AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get AdWords campaigns, keywords or anything into Analytics

d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the 2 accounts linked together and followed the help guide but all I get is (not set) in Analytics for everything!! How can I get this working asap?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author d-k
September 2015

Re: Can't get AdWords campaigns, keywords or anything into Analytics

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Please make sure that you are using the same email address to link Adwords and Analytics. Also, both email addresses should have the administrative access for the linking process.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi d-k, 

Seeing 'not set' in your AdWords reports is a strong indicator of cost data not being applied to your profile. Here is what you need to check in your accounts - AdWords and Analytics

1. Is the Analytics Account linked to the Correct AdWords account?

To check this, login to AdWords, and then click on Analytics and see if this takes you to the correct Analytics account.

2. Is Auto Tagging Enabled in AdWords- Check the account preferences.

3. Is Cost Data applied. To check this, login to AdWords and click Analytics. Click on Edit corresponding to the profile that has to report this data. Check the Applied Cost Data section to confirm if cost data is applied.

Hope this helps. If not, please do reply and let us know your further questions. 

Best,

Mini

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello d-k,

In addition to very informative response from Mini, I would like to point you towards an excellent help center article here which explains how you should link Adwords with correct Google Analytics profile along with screenshots.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All 3 things seem to be in place. For #3 I found

AdWords Cost Source Settings - I'm assuming this is the same thing?

and the check box is checked

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author d-k
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Please make sure that you are using the same email address to link Adwords and Analytics. Also, both email addresses should have the administrative access for the linking process.

Pankaj

d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The email address next to #3 cost source check box is not mine - is that the issue? If so, how do i go about changing it?

d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
d-k
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was the issue - my email wasn't the one that was linking back to adwords from analytics!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You can include the email address under the respective account and after that there shouldn't be any problems Smiley Happy