AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can someone please evaluate my first campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I ran my first campaign last weekend. It would be great if I can get your reviews on this.

It earned 209 Clicks and 4039 impressions. CTR is 5.17% Avg CPC is 20rs. The total cost came around 4000 and I got 3 Conversions out of it. Average position is 2.6 and the conversion rate is 1.44%.

It also earned 5 conversions(many-per-click). Is there a way to find for which product or URL the other two conversions happened on.

I personally feel the conversion rate is low and the CPC is little high. Also what are the other metrics to evaluate the campaign. I would really like to get more reviews to improve my skills on the next one. Thanks.

Raj

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bigbuy e
September 2015

Re: Can someone please evaluate my first campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The basic numbers look fine but numbers aren't as important as results. Ask yourself--what is the value of a conversion to you? Is your cost per conversion something you can afford and still be profitable?  Have you set concrete goals for your advertising, so that you can measure whether or not you're successful?

If you feel that your conversions should have been higher--look at both your keywords and the landing pages on your website. These are two common causes of low conversion rates. Either the keywords are being matched to searches that aren't closely related to what is being offered or the landing pages fail to "complete the sale" once people arrive at the website.

Keywords:  Are your keywords set to be matched too broadly to search terms? (That is, are your ads being served to searchers who aren't specifically interested in your product/service.)

Have you checked your search queries and added unwanted searches to your negative keyword list, to eliminate unprofitable traffic in the future? This will improve the quality of your campaign, and, hopefully, lower the cost of your conversions by restricting spend to those searches most likely to result in conversions, 

Landing pages:  When people arrive at your website after clicking your ad, is the page their land on very closely related to the subject of their search and of your ad?  Is what you're offering laid out clearly and simply? Is your purchase/inquiry process easy to navigate? Does your website offer all the information someone would want to see?  

Consider your entire process, from what searches your keywords might be matched to, through the purchase or form submission--whatever you're using as a conversion. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bigbuy e
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The basic numbers look fine but numbers aren't as important as results. Ask yourself--what is the value of a conversion to you? Is your cost per conversion something you can afford and still be profitable?  Have you set concrete goals for your advertising, so that you can measure whether or not you're successful?

If you feel that your conversions should have been higher--look at both your keywords and the landing pages on your website. These are two common causes of low conversion rates. Either the keywords are being matched to searches that aren't closely related to what is being offered or the landing pages fail to "complete the sale" once people arrive at the website.

Keywords:  Are your keywords set to be matched too broadly to search terms? (That is, are your ads being served to searchers who aren't specifically interested in your product/service.)

Have you checked your search queries and added unwanted searches to your negative keyword list, to eliminate unprofitable traffic in the future? This will improve the quality of your campaign, and, hopefully, lower the cost of your conversions by restricting spend to those searches most likely to result in conversions, 

Landing pages:  When people arrive at your website after clicking your ad, is the page their land on very closely related to the subject of their search and of your ad?  Is what you're offering laid out clearly and simply? Is your purchase/inquiry process easy to navigate? Does your website offer all the information someone would want to see?  

Consider your entire process, from what searches your keywords might be matched to, through the purchase or form submission--whatever you're using as a conversion. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa Zook,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation and the links provided, I find it very useful. I am convinced that I can afford for the cost/conversion rate.

I used very specific keywords which are phrase matched so I did not include any negative keyword but thanks for the suggestion, I will check & improvise on that. I did not give much thought about the landing pages, will try to fine tune that first. Thank you so much.

Raj.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"Is there a way to find for which product or URL the other two conversions happened on."

I suppose you already went through these steps : keywords tab, click on columns / Customize columns and chose from the "Conversions" category "Conv. (many-per-click)" to see how many they are.

Next : click on the table to sort descending by "Conv (many-per-click)" to first see the most conversions and go to "Segment / Conversions / Conversion action name" to see how many times each keyword triggered a separate conversion. 

conversion-action-name-segmentation.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Evaluating performance can be very tricky and think one may end up comparing or running endlessly behind metrics that may be not so important. It may vary tremendously depending on industry, market, competition and your product offering.

Considering this was your first Adwords campaign, I would say you did very well, as it attained CTR 5%+ and conversion rate 1.5%.

I think Theresa covered all required points here.

We as marketeer should always ensure a positive user experience across all possible touch points. The key here is to be able to create through-connect from keyword to ad and from ad to landing page and to what user gets..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian B,

You have no idea how much you helped me, thank you so much....

Raj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Glad to help Smiley Happy

You can track more data like conversions from organic visits  from analytics using transaction tracking :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1032415?hl=en

You must also read how data is interpreted differently in analytics and adwords

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Transaction tracking is a little more complicated and it is used primarily in e-commerce websites.