AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can i pull a value from adwords and post it to a form?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a php 'contact us' form; when submitted it directs the user to the usual 'thank you' page. On that page is where the adwords conversion tracking is located. The form also generates a new row in a simple php report for for quick viewing to see how many requests i've gotten.

Is it possible for me to tag the form with some hidden input that tells me the request came directly from my adwords campaign so i can add a 'yes or no' type column to the report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can i pull a value from adwords and post it to a form?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt D,

There are a couple ways you can do this. The best way, IMO, is to set a cookie on your landing page when a gclid value is detected in the query string. That will always be an AdWords click on an ad. You only get one chance to capture it, when the user first hits your landing page. The cookie can be as simple as "adwords=yes". Set an expiration date sometime in the future so if a user returns, the cookie comes with it. When the form is submitted, look for the cookie you set. If you find it, mark that row as "yes".

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords