AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can't link AdWords to Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an analytics profile set up and linked to AdWords in the analytics admin panel. When I go to my AdWords interface under My Accounts > Linked Accounts, I keep getting this error message:

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. 

Please refresh this page to try again. 

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

I've tried using different browsers.

I've tried clearing my cache.

I've tried killing all my browsers extensions.

I've tried logging out and logging back in agian.

I'm out of ideas. Has anyone come across this and found a resolution?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't link AdWords to Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,
When did you link the two?
Are you the admin of both the AdWords and Analytics accounts?
Can you access the AdWords reports while inside GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having exactly the same problem as Mike O.

I've tried to link AdWords to Analytics using:

Chrome

Opera

Firefox

No luck.

In reply to Dave_Davis:

1. Are you the admin of both the AdWords and Analytics accounts? - yes the AdWords is within my MCC account and previously have not had this problem.
2. Can you access the AdWords reports while inside GA? - no the PPC campaign is not showing up in Google Analytics.

I'm also now out of ideas.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Mike,

are you from Europe? There is a new acceptation required for users from Europe in the Analytics / Link account section (Account settings)
You have o accept the Data Processing Amendment under the data sharing article

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To my knowledge you have to do this from your ANALYTICS account - I had the same problem! Unfortunately it seems that the error message doesn't tell you to do this ...

You'll find then that Google wakes up and suggests you link a few other things to your analytics account too - it seems the analytics team are a little more awake?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The AdWords and Analytics accounts have been linked for several years now.
I am the admin on both accounts.
Yes, I can access all the reports in GA. They two accounts are linked up properly on the Anayltics end. It's only on the AdWords side where I'm having issues accessing the GA me trics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm from Canada, although it's a US account I'm managing. Either way, I like where you're going with this but I don't think that applies to this case in particular.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep, it's already been done on the analytics side. I have no issues importing AdWords data into GA.

It's on the AdWords side that I'm having issues linking accounts and importing GA metrics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem. Everything is linked fine from the Analytics side, permissions are correct, I can access all the data in Analytics,  but in Adwords every time I go to Linked Accounts > Google Analytics, it produces the following error:

"There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. Please refresh this page to try again. If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page."

and hangs indefinitely saying "Checking your account settings."

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm sorry, this is beyond me. Would it make sense to post this on the Analytics forum too? They may have a take on this.