AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the same analytics code when implementing a web redesign?

N/A
# 1
N/A

I am about to launch a web "redesign" project for my client and I need to enter the

Analytics code. Can I use the current one, or do I need to start over? My pages redirect already, browser-wise, but not sure about Google Analytics. I do not want to risk altering the QS, etc. Please advise.

Re: Can I use the same analytics code when implementing a web redesign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

I'd personally stick with the same code you have been using because it is still the same domain. The URL's may have changed but this doesn't mean you need a new profile or account.

As the landing page URL's have changed you may see a change in the QS as you have changed them but as long as you've been working on long term improvements, I don't think you should have a problem here. You might see some initial changes but don't make any knee jerk reactive changes based on this, give them a bit of time to settle again.

I hope this helps you out.

Re: Can I use the same analytics code when implementing a web redesign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi 

In addtion to excellent suggestions from Adam, here are few things you should think about if you are in to advanced reporting.

• If your URL structure has changed and you want to have apple to apple comparison of the of landing page performance
  • You continue with same code but create a duplicate profile 
  • Continue with your current profile for your normal tracking but for comparison reports create a search and replace filter in your new profile so analytics will show your landing pages as same URLs rather than different URLs which will make it easier for you to compare performance

Hope this makes sense 

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog