AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use events as goals to track conversions in an Adwords campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont want to put a separate 'thank you' page on my site to put conversion code to track whether a conversion was made in an Adwords campaign. My page does have a contact form that launches a small 'thank you' js pop up box when someone submits the contact form.

Can I use that to track the coversion in adwords somehow? Or can I use the 'submitmit form' event to track the conversion in Adwords?

How?

Thanks!

'thank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Honestly, I would much rather implement a full 'thank you' page

Reason for this is that you can actually further promote products/services via the 'thank you' page... I've seen people offering a 15% printable discount voucher on the thank you page... what a solid way to make more money on a top selling product of some sort. You can even have Social Share buttons or live social stream feeds on your 'thank you' page... this is ways to grow things even more!

So why cut a potential sale out?

Hope that kinda helps

Re: 'thank

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the benefits of a thank you page, but  what I am selling is a b2b consulting service and does not require upsells, coupons, social feeds, etc.

I just need to track conversions on a contact form without having an another page to In fact, I want them to stay on the same page after the form is submitted to read on.

Re: Can I use events as goals to track conversions in an Adwords campa

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Apparently you can, read more from here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1383265?hl=en

Re: 'thank

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The easiest way is to create an event tracking in Analytics and import this goal to AdWords as a conversion.

You can create event tracking in AdWords, but only for a clikc to call action. But please read:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/AdWords-Click-to-Call-conversion-code-Issue/m-p/2... before.