AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use Event Tracking to Pop Up

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

My client uses a pop up on his site ,where users can insert city and email address and according to city it redirects to particular page ,I want to track these email addresses as a conversions for me as a lead generation.

Can I track submit button by Analytics Event tracking and then importing it to adwords .

Or

Should I use some scripts to track this pop up

Amol

Re: Can I use Event Tracking to Pop Up

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I guess you wanna track when someone has actually sent a form that is inside a pop up?
I haven´t done it myself, but can see no reasen why shouldn´t be able track that even if it´s in a pop up (using onclick="_gaq.push)

You have to make that Event a Goal and than import it to AdWords.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If this is a popup then i dont need to worry just make sure you have analytics codes installed in popup and it should work for you. 

But if you are using javascript lightbox then I would suggest you should use virtual pageviews instead of event tracking because that way you can visualise them in funnel

onClick="_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/vpv/popup']);"

Make sure you you include vpv in the path that way you can create filter to exclude virtual page views

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theniks,

What if in the onClick function already has the command to launch the popup, is it possible to have 2 onclick functions?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
I am not really JS expert but I believe onclick="tracKing(); poPup();" should work.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog