AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I track Conversion for iframe?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am using  a third party form and only have iframe code, can I track conversion for Adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I track Conversion for iframe?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I had the same issue. We solved it by redirecting the user, after completing the transaction, back  to  a "thank you page" on our website (in which we installed the code).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for writing Moshe, but my problem is I can't redirect user to a tanks page. is there any other option to track?

Regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pushpendra

I would advise reading through this discussion:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Conversion-tracking-for-Pop-up-form-Is-th...

It may help by setting up GTM and then having your conversion tracking only fire on a successful submit click.

Good Luck

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Clynton M ;

But for that, the site which processes the transaction has to allow him to install the tag - Am I correct?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You make a good point.

Although I wonder if there is not a way to track the event on the client URL and not within the third party iframe.

I am far from an expert on webpage coding and such. So perhaps someone else could suggest a better solution.

Perhaps your solution @MosheTLV has some help. Was it the iframe URL that redirected them to a thank you page or was it the URL the user was on that had the redirect after a successful submission?

Let me chat to some Dev's and see if they have any ideas in the meantime.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'll check with my programmer if he recalls how he coded that. (We don't manage this account anymore)

Let's ping Nik on that

@theniks ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
OK well from my side:

The short answer is unless the owner of the iframe domain gets involved there is no way to track it successfully.

Either the need to allow you to put code on their domain (as Moshe pointed out) or the have to have cross domain scripting enabled which will allow you to access the DOM of the iframe, this is usually paired with an API that allows you to tap into the relevant events that happen within the iframe.

So your best bet is to get hold of the third party and deal directly with them, as they are the ones who will be able to provide you with a solution.

Good Luck

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I did come across this article that could be of help:
https://gist.github.com/transparenceweb/6193416

There he talks about pushing the event onto the parent page so that it can be accessed by GTM. All this done without access the the iframe domain. Not too sure if this will work, will have to get a Dev to look at it.

Good Luck