AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I track Adwords conversions between two different domain URLs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am needing to track Adwords conversions between an official website and an ecommerce website (different domain) that the official website is using to sell products. So far, it seems like I can track Adwords traffic to Domain A, but the conversion tracking seems to be cut off once the customer goes to Checkout, which is on a separate ecommerce website with a different domain. Would I need to make this entire site on one single domain in order to track Adwords conversions throughout in order to determine ROI?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I track Adwords conversions between two different domain URLs?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

To answer your question. No, you can track conversions on two different domain urls. Just make sure you have conversion code on the ecommerce thank you page.

Siva

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ken L, just to clarify StructuredPPCs answer, you can (or at least should) be able to track Conversions across domains.  It's quite common for the actual final confirmed conversion to take place on a third-party site and the code should trigger correctly.

The most likely problem in this instance is that the Conversion code is not triggering correctly for some reason.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would there be a great benefit in having everything on the same domain as far as tracking Adwords conversions in order to determine ROI is concerned?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
No having conversion code on two different domains will be fine as far as ROI is concerned.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, just having the Adwords-generated conversion code put in the source code of the main domain and the affiliate ecommerce site should allow me to track Adwords conversions in order to determine ROI?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
yes, correct

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Ken L,

The conversion code would only go on the thank you page of the eCommerce site. You will not need it on your main site.

Have your shopping cart software fill in the value of the sale (google_conversion_value) to get goo dfigures on ROI.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords