AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I set up conversion tracking for my amazon.com page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up a Youtube Adwords campaign to drive traffic to my Amazon.com Seller Central account. Is there a way to set it up so i can measure conversions from youTube separate to other Amazon sales? I was told I could set up an amazon associates url but I am not sure what that is or how to do it.

Thanks,

Martin

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I set up conversion tracking for my amazon.com page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
How do you measure conversions on Amazon? Do you use Google Analytics? If so, you can use the Google Analytics URL builder here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Alternatively, we wrote a free Chrome (and FF extension that does it for you)

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/redfly-tagger-for-google/dbhmpojpnnkhcfblagebphlnmmccmiid

you can find out more about Amazon Associates here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ but be aware that Google AdWords generally doesn't allow affiliate links and Amazon wont allow you to get affiliate comission on affiliate links to your own sales (as far as I'm aware).

Finally, I'd steer clear of Amazon associate links and AdWords until you've exhausted all other tracking possibilities as I've seen AdWords accounts banned and advertisers banned for life for using associate URLs in their ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I have this question as well.

I have been using amazon associates to track with adwords. But I was warned from a friend about getting banned from adwords. 

you can not include google analytics code on your amazon page....

any ideas? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Use GA event tracking to log a click to event or, use the new offline conversion import feature to track sales.

Have a look here:
http://cutroni.com/blog/2012/10/29/universal-analytics-the-next-generation-of-google-analytics/

Read it all.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Amazon should show you the referring page and related stats. That'll probably show you conversions from different referring pages (including youtube)

according to this video( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k-Yetqd-4k ), as long as you give Google users Unique, Relevant, Content , you can do affiliate marketing

you can do affiliate marketing, provided you meet the

-bridge page policy

-mirror pages policy

-double serving policy

Google gets a lot of business from affiliate marketers.

As long as you give Google users Unique, Relevant, Content , you're good to go

Google is all about the kind of experience their users get. if one focuses on giving users a good experience, one should be ok.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Are you saying that Adwords does not allow advertisers to use affiliate links in their ads? That doesn't sound right.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, I have a created a custom URL.
Now, do I use that URL as the destination url in my ad on AdWords?
And will it then track whether or not a person who clicked that ad will actually buy or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ,

Amazon doesnt support affiliate marketing that generate traffic beside inner PPC Campaigns within Amazon.

The Best Solution for this is to use Shopify.com as an Amazon Wrapper, as they have a tracking conversion pixel that you can add to your Thank you Page after the Purchase is complete.

Shopify support's tracking and channels and you get API For all of those Stats if needed,

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread - has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.