AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I set up ValueTrack to work in Salesforce and Marketo?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who wants to use both UTM and ValueTrack to track keywords, campaigns and ad groups in Salesforce AND Marketo. He has UTM set up with Salesforce already but I was unable to find any documentation about if ValueTrack worked with Salesforce and Marketo. If it does, what is required to set up in either program? He doesn't want to miss any of this data.

Thanks,
Cody

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I was facing the same issue when I was trying to capture value of {device} & {keyword}. I am sure, it will be possible in marketo & salesforce. I am using a CRM called LeadSquared. I created UTM parameters with LeadSquared.  

{lpurl}?utm_source=PPC&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign_searchads.

This has been created using LeadSquared. Then, I wanted to capture keywords & device(Valuetrack parameters).

So, the final url I have used in the ads = {lpurl}?utm_source=PPC&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign_searchads&keywords={keyword}&device={device}

Now the value has to be captured in salesforce & marketo. I am sure, you can create custom fields. Please create text fields called "keyword" & "device" in salesforce & Marketo. whenever, a lead signup from the ads, values gets captured automatically in the associated text field. 

Once the things are done, please test it once. As in, search for keyword in google& fill the form. ( I know, we have to waste some money Smiley Sad )

Thanks,

B.Dhivya. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help!

Do you know if custom fields for "keyword" and "device", for example, are required in Salesforce or Marketo or does the ValueTrack tracking send this data without having fields in place? 

I'm trying to keep as much of this on my side as I can because my client doesn't understand and doesn't want things to change in Salesforce and Marketo if he can help it... 

Thanks,
Cody

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cody,

Thanks for Kudos! 

Let me put it like this. When we use combined URL like this in our ads ( LP URL +UTM + valuetrack parameters), landing pages would have been created using some tools like marketo, salesforce or some Landing page builder.So,  leads get captured automatically in Marketo & salesforce. Next, UTM tracking also must have been created using the same tools. By default, custom fields like source medium, source campaign etc would be there in the tool. Value gets captured there automatically. 

Now, lets talk about valuetrack parameters. You should have some text field in your tool to store the value. Otherwise, where it ll get captured?   So, you need to create an custom field. 

I think , I have made it clear. Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya.