AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I see what search queries triggered my broad match?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a broad match keyword that's triggering maybe 2000 impressions per day, but only gets a couple of clicks. This is lowering my CTR and thus my quality score.

I want to know the queries people search that trigger impressions but not clicks. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Re: Can I see what search queries triggered my broad match?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Have you tried the search query report?  - Is this the tool you are looking for?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Have you tried the search query report?  - Is this the tool you are looking for?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but from what i can tell that only shows keywords that triggerd impressions + a click. Not what I'm looking for.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

There is no report that shows search terms that triggered ads (to appear) without clicks;

Be advised that, as you pointed out, keywords with low CTR should be paused

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, I wouldn't worry what keyword that is. It doesn't affect the quality score for the other keywords you are matching up to (directly).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I realize this question is quite old, but maybe this answer will still be helpful to someone - I would also look at how many of those impressions are coming from Google Search Partners rather than Google Search. You can do this by clicking the "Segment" button and choosing "Network (with search partners)". If most of your impressions that aren't turning into clicks are coming from there, I would opt out of the partner network.

Also look at the search queries from the clicks that have happened and mine for any possible negative keywords. This will most likely help cut down on the impressions you can't see the terms for, too.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.