AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I see the words people type for my adword phrases?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have selected some adword phrases.

What I want to find out is what words people are using to activate my ads.

e.g. if I have a phrase [black hat] what words are people using to activate e.g. Funeral black hat.

Is this possible & if so how?

Regards

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I see the words people type for my adword phrases?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Chris and welcome to our community.

Of course it's possible, have a look at the search terms report which shows you exactly that: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3207145?hl=en&rd=1

You can also have a look at keywords match type, to see how certain keywords are very restrictive with regards to the search terms that can trigger them while others are broader (some even too broad): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Good luck.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Can I see the words people type for my adword phrases?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is an exception, since the first option in creating a campaign is Search + Display, you may also have a Display Campaign running.

You have not specified if you are questioning about a Display Network campaign, in which case you cannot see what people typed in the search engines from the partner websites or the keywords who matched the pages, regardless of the fact that you did use keywords in the Ad Group.

I don't know also if you can see keywords from the "search partners" if you checked that box in the Search Campaign, maybe Calin beeing more experienced can reply on this.