AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I see the date when an ad was created?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where can I see (if possible) the date when an ad was created? Or How can I isolate a single ad to see in a time period when it started to show?

The company that manages our adwords says they create the ads when we demand them, but we have our doubts.

There is a way to see if they are lying?

I'm asking for specific ads in working campaigns/ad groups, obv. I would know for new ones

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon C
September 2015

Re: Can I see the date when an ad was created?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simon,

Your best bet is to check the account "Change History" as you'll be able to see what has been happening and when. If you click on Tools towards the top of the account a menu will drop down and from there simply select Change History.

When looking through the list just ensure that your date range is big enough to cover the periods you are questioning. 

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Simon,

Another option would be to just see when the ad starting receiving data. Perhaps set your date range to all time and see the data totals for that ad, and then bring the time period forward in increments and see when that data starts to become less. You can then isolate when that ad started to receive data.

The change history is simpler, but on occasion it can be a lot of data to go through even when filtering. l would suggest trying the change history first, but if you can not seem to find it then the approach mentioned previously can work as well.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simon,

Your best bet is to check the account "Change History" as you'll be able to see what has been happening and when. If you click on Tools towards the top of the account a menu will drop down and from there simply select Change History.

When looking through the list just ensure that your date range is big enough to cover the periods you are questioning. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Simon,

Another option would be to just see when the ad starting receiving data. Perhaps set your date range to all time and see the data totals for that ad, and then bring the time period forward in increments and see when that data starts to become less. You can then isolate when that ad started to receive data.

The change history is simpler, but on occasion it can be a lot of data to go through even when filtering. l would suggest trying the change history first, but if you can not seem to find it then the approach mentioned previously can work as well.

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Scotty and Clynton.

I could see in Change history the dates they made changes (new ads). The didn't change so much last 3 months so it was easy to find, but the Clynton second solution seems to be good aswell.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I'm glad to hear you could find them Simon, now you can keep an eye on what's going on Smiley Wink