AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I pull two product feeds into one adwords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to create seperate PLAs for each language but not sure if I need to create seperate adwords accounts.

I currently run two types of search ads, one is German and one in French, they fall under one account that targets Switzerland. Can I do the same thing with Product Listing Ads in the same account? Once I link the Merchant Centre to adwords and create new PLA specific campaigns is there an option at campaign level to select which feed I want it to reference? Obviously the product descriptions in German wont suit the French speaking community in Switzerland and vice versa.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I pull two product feeds into one adwords account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dan_Mc, I admit I've not had experience of doing what you want so I don't know the answer.  I'll try and find someone more useful, hang in there...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cobnut,

I found this in the help centre - For Switzerland only: If your website is in multiple languages, submit one feed per language. http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188494#GB My question then is; does this mean that Google will automatically detect which feed to pull from?

On the back of my last question (and this may be closely related), can you break down one big feed into smaller feed files to suit product types? If you have 1000's of products it could make managing the feed easier, does anyone know if this is possible?

Dan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I manage a Swiss account as well, and have submitted one feed per language. The system triggers the right extension according to the user's language, so you should not worry about that.

As for breaking down the feed, I don't think it's necessary. Have a look at this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Can-you-see-a-search-term-report-for-PLAs/m-...

You can group items in your feed any way you want (almost). And even if you use different feeds, you'll still have to differentiate products by something other than the feed.

My most targeted setup is one where I group items by SKU, and have one ad group and one product target per SKU. So I can bid per "product", insert negative keywords per product, see search terms per product, etc.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.