AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I manually add conversions?

SKE
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
SKE
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't set up conversion tracking when I launched my first Google ad campaign a few months ago. I do have all the data showing which conversions came from people clicking on my Google ad, though. Shopify has been tracking this. Is there any way to manually add these conversions to AdWords so that my data is accurate?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I manually add conversions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SKE,

If you're asking if you can somehow add previous conversions to your AdWords Account, as far as I know, that is not possible.  What you will have, if you are currently set up with AdWords conversion tracking, is accurate data moving forward.

I did a quick search and found this article that may help:  http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/75506-where-do-i-place-my-google-adwords-trackin...

Not sure what else to suggest, perhaps you will just need to aggregate the data offline for the previous time periods.

I'm pretty sure that Google doesn't allow this level of manipulation of data = manually adding conversions.  

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi SKE,

If you're asking if you can somehow add previous conversions to your AdWords Account, as far as I know, that is not possible.  What you will have, if you are currently set up with AdWords conversion tracking, is accurate data moving forward.

I did a quick search and found this article that may help:  http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/75506-where-do-i-place-my-google-adwords-trackin...

Not sure what else to suggest, perhaps you will just need to aggregate the data offline for the previous time periods.

I'm pretty sure that Google doesn't allow this level of manipulation of data = manually adding conversions.  

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SKE, as Tom has said, as far as I know there's not currently any way to add data to AdWords manually.  You can however add data to Analytics by using a custom data source.  I'll be totally honest, I've not used this and it does look pretty scary, but there does appear to be some possibilities here.  Again, I can't be certain if it can be tailored enough to be tied specifically to AdWords data in Analytics but it may be.

You should probably ask more questions over in the Analytics forum or, in the meantime, plough your way through this:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/mgmtCustomDataSourceGuide

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits