AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I load the same conversion code snippet on several different html thank you pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to load the Google Adwords conversion snippet into my thank you page.  However, I have multiple thank you pages.  Can I simply use the same code snippet for all three pages or do I need to create a different adwords snippet for each html page?  Thanks very much for your time and consideration.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I load the same conversion code snippet on several different html thank you pages?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi iamtrip,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes you can, the question is now "Should I load the same conversion code snipper on sevearl different thank you pages."

If all conversions represent the same or similar action, such as purchase, lead, etc, one code would probably do. If the three conversion pages represent very different actions, say one conversion type is purchase, one conversion type is inquiry and the third a newsletter signup, you might want to create 3 different codes for those actions so you can get separate counts for each action.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Can I load the same conversion code snippet on several different html thank you pages?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

to ad to Pete's answer it also works cross domain... and that can be very handy...

As much as i'd like to, the following isn't applicable to me...

but imagine the type of data you could gather if say.... you would:

- have 4 websites selling only eyewear (with their own distinct TLD).

- all generating organic traffic and conversions for glass related search terms (other than brand obliviously).

Imagine if you would have 4 adwords accounts (one for each site)

If you would want to, you could try... say... activating only one of these adwords account (advertising for only one of your 4 sites) and have the same confirmation tracking code on all 4 confirmation pages of the 4 sites.

You should end up having all of your sales registered to the site you are advertising for, but over time, you should also start to see the confirmation tags sitting on the other domains firing some revenue back to adwords...

And if say you started this quadruple business 5 years ago and you are now listed on page 1 (organic) for many glasses related terms, and would try the above test, you would have access to priceless data... like:

"Out of 1000 visitors who I first hooked via this particular Keyword for this particular Ad Group od this particular campaign for Site-A for which my ad has an average position of 3, 100 converted on site-A, but 10 converted on site-B and 5 converted on site-C for which I don't use adwords and are positioned 3 and 4 on the SERP for the same keyword that generated the traffic and conversion on site-A."

By activating all 4 adowrds account and cross domain tracking, you might even be be able to create some sort of triangulation model that would tell you what exact position, cpc level, daily budget, ad scheduling to adopt for ultimate ROI at a keyword level... and just crush the competition...

any of this sounds familiar...? Smiley Wink

(hint: not the glass industry)

Cheers !

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

"- have 4 websites selling only eyewear (with their own distinct TLD).

- all generating organic traffic and conversions for glass related search terms (other than brand obliviously).

Imagine if you would have 4 adwords accounts (one for each site)"

If you have 4 sites all selling the same stuff, all owned by the same business, this would likely violate the double-serving policy.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords