AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I identify which ad position on google search result was before clicking on my ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.
i am getting a traffic to my website from my ppc campaign. i'd like to know if i can identify or track of which ad positions was my ads clicked. does the ad url give a hint to understand my ad position before clicked? or is there any tool to identify or track this event? Does Google Analytics have such feature?
i'd like to :
- track and compare how my ads position performs to reach my goals.
- does my ad position #1 on search results really performs better than position #2

Thanks.
Vugar

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can I identify which ad position on google search result was before clicking on my ad?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Vugar K,

Just access the date/date range when you got the click and check avg. position, now modify the date/date range before the click and again check the avg position.

You can also use the compare at the bottom of the date range tab by selecting custom range or date.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

many thanks Archit. 

I guess that's not the full solution for me. because i'm likely to know exact ad position rather than average. what else would you recommend to understand exact ad positions?

Thanks.

Vugar

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Vugar K,

AdWords don't give stats for the exact position every time an ad retain.

If any ad is triggered 10 times by keyword 1, the same ad is triggered 20 times by keyword 2 then AdWords will show you the average position of that particular ad triggered by both the keywords.

Even if you use SKAGs(single Keyword ad groups), you will get only the average position.Hence, no segregated data for the number of times the ad was shown at 2nd position and at other positions.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh i see. Kudos.

but i am interested if there is a third party solution or any pixel available to track the traffic of exact positions? i'd appreciate if i can get any tips on this.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Though I don't think so, as there will be too much complex data but let's see if any of my friend can put some light here.

Regards