AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I have the same Goal as a Conversion?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

So, there's some obvious problems with importing a Goal into Adwords Conversions; my problem is the delay and loss of VTCs.

I was wondering if I can have a new Adwords Conversion tracking the same conversion so I just get the VTCs and get it reported sooner? Essentially, there would be a double reporting. :/

Any tips?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Re: Can I have the same Goal as a Conversion?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,
Yes, you can indeed do that. In fact, that's how we do it for most client accounts. The GA import is too flaky for time sensitive campaigns.

My advice in this situation would be to disable GA conversions and simply set up AdWords conversions separately.

The only issue to be aware of here is that any remarketing lists based on GA segments have to be thought out clearly.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the answer!
Just need a little elaboration - the remarketing lists, why do they need to be thought out (I mean yes they always will be thought out well lol)? They serve a different purpose and unrelated to Conversions, or so I thought?

Regarding the Imported Goals, so I simply can Pause those goals? And then create the new Conversions?

Thanks again!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Actually, there seems to be no "Pause", only "Remove"... I want to "Pause" in order to maintain the conversion for future usage since it's been imported already.