AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I get information - clicks by sitelinks extension?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

I would like to know, whick sitelinks extension performed best. I know where to get overall statistics (ad extension tab), but I am not sure, if I can get specific information, which click happened on a certain sitelink.

Thanks,

Manca

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I get information - clicks by sitelinks extension?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manca,

One way is to click on Ad Extensions tab and view by Sitelinks Extensions to see the aggregate data for the respective extensions within a particular campaign.

Another way is to segment the data by click type and you can get the sitelink related info from the campaign level to as low as keyword level. This will help you identify which particular keyword got the sitelink click and will help you analyse further.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

in an extension tab is statistics it is impossible to view other way tnah all click for one, not for particular sitelink.

I have also tried the other suggested way and it is pretty the same. I guess this is on google's "to-do" lists. Smiley Happy

Thank for help!

Manca

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Manca, this is a good question.

I don't know a direct way in which you can do this from Adwords interface.Like you said, it's probably on the "to-do" list Smiley Happy

However, there is workaround that can help you until we find a simple solution.

You can find the statistics you're searching in Google Analytics -> Traffic Sources -> Sources -> Search -> Paid.

Of course you have to have the Adwords and Analytics accounts linked. Then:

Select "Campaign" as your primary dimension. Then Click on the campaign you want to analyze. After that click on secondary dimmension, insert in the search field: landing page. Now you should have a list with stats for the traffic sent to each individual landing page from this campaign. Now filter only the url's used as sitelink destinations.

Feel free to ask any question if you stumble on the way! Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Url tagging to sitelinks can help anaylse the performance of sitelinks. You can then check it using Analytics..

http://www.adwordshelpexperts.com/2011/04/adwords-sitelinks-planning-coding-implementing-tracking-an...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey, zoicaremus!

I tried the analytics method you suggested Smiley Happy I get the information, but ti is not quite what I want if you know what I mean. I appreciate help, though! =)

Hopefully one of the Google developers reads these lines and speeds up the sitelinks to-do list Smiley Wink 

Thanks!

Manca