AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I connect adwords to ecomm tracking?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My client runs adwords ads (search & display) and also has enabled ecomm tracking via GA.

They want to know if they can have a report that shows order numbers that occur from clicks from adwords ads. i.e. let's say a user click on the Acme1234 Display Ad and purchased $100 via the client's site with order #12345, purchasing 12-SKU 6789. Is there a report that shows this? thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff M
September 2015

Re: Can I connect adwords to ecomm tracking?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
the exact question from the client... "Can you get a report that shows order numbers for the transactions that come from adwords?"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

There are 2 ways to do this.

1. You can insert order value in adwords conversion tag as described here . Look for Track transaction specific values on this page.
  2. You can import analytics transactions as conversions in adwords and it will do the same. More help here
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi jeff M,

Yes, I agree with Nik, import the transactions as conversions. Do not place the AdWords conversion code on the page. You can get a partial list of transactions and order numbers by segmenting the eCommerce transactions by paid vs unpaid. This will only work for those who placed their orders during the session after clicking on your ad. If the user comes back through another source, say organic, the order will be attributed to that source, not the click. You could end up with more orders tracked as paid conversions in AdWords than you can identify through Analytics because of that.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
the exact question from the client... "Can you get a report that shows order numbers for the transactions that come from adwords?"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

There are 2 ways to do this.

1. You can insert order value in adwords conversion tag as described here . Look for Track transaction specific values on this page.
  2. You can import analytics transactions as conversions in adwords and it will do the same. More help here
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi jeff M,

Yes, I agree with Nik, import the transactions as conversions. Do not place the AdWords conversion code on the page. You can get a partial list of transactions and order numbers by segmenting the eCommerce transactions by paid vs unpaid. This will only work for those who placed their orders during the session after clicking on your ad. If the user comes back through another source, say organic, the order will be attributed to that source, not the click. You could end up with more orders tracked as paid conversions in AdWords than you can identify through Analytics because of that.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords