AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Can I add multiple conversion snippets on a single "thank you" page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

We have a couple of different campaign running, and the "end point" for both of them is a "thank you for registering with us" page.

Simple question is: Can I add both conversion codes to the above mentioned page? Or do I need to create one page for each conversion code?

Many thanks for any reply

Alex

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I add multiple conversion snippets on a single "thank you" page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex and welcome,

Simply answer according to me would be yes, you can add multilple codes on single thanks page.

But I am little curious to ask why would you require multiple conversion tracking codes for that? Reason I am asking this because Adwords would attribute the conversion to the first clicked ad which converted. Hence the respective campaign, ad group or the keyword will get the benefit.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Quite simply, the situation is that I have two different campaigns set up.
One sends people who click on it, on one landing page, and the other sends people to a different page. But, in the end, what i'm interested to know is how many people end up registering on my website.
Hence, the need for two conversion tracking snippets on our page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, what I don't understand fully is the following:

I set up two ads, and therefore want to set two conversion snippets.

But how do I tell Google which snippet belongs to which ad?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author akmur
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@akmur, I don't know why you actually require multiple conversion tracking codes inside your account.

As I said above, I would rephrase again that Adwords will automatically assign the conversion to the respective campaign, ad group, ad and keyword which was clicked first to complete the action i.e. reaching thanks page.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so what you mean is:

I need just one conversion code because Google takes then care of assigning the conversion to the proper campaign.

Is this right?

Alex

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

akmur wrote:

Ok so what you mean is:

I need just one conversion code because Google takes then care of assigning the conversion to the proper campaign.

Is this right?

Alex

You got it...Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Super Thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since you've been so good, can you also point to the right resource to learn how to discern which campaign is causing which conversion? I'm a bit confused as you can see Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So lets say someone clicks on your AdWords ad and lands on the landing page (that is not on your primary site and they cannot access that page through your primary site's navigation), and does not convert. Later they go to your primary website and do convert on a page that has the same conversion thank you page (or if another landing page gets indexed or promoted through social media or whatever). In that situation your question/concern is valid because you will have no idea what type of conversion that click attained if all conversions share the same thank you page. You can use Google Analytics and view the funnel visualization, but you are limited to only 20 goals. Though you still won't know what click resulted in what conversion, but at least you will be able to know the conversion type. 

I realize this post is from 2012,, what solution did you implement?