AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign tracking on google analytics using auto-tagging

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using auto-tagging for my adwords campaigns. However, I am not sure how can i track which campaign traffic is coming from as it shows only 'cpc' on google analytics.. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Idrees.

Apart from using auto-tagging, you need to make sure that your Google Analytics and AdWords account are properly linked.

Did you perform this step?

Here's how to do it in case you didn't: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

If AdWords is not linked to Google Analytics, the latter cannot know which data to pull from the AdWords servers. 

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdWiser,

Thank you for your response. I have linked Google Analytics and AdWords accounts. What i am not sure about how can i track on Google Analytics in real time what traffic is coming from which campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Idrees. Analytics real-time reports don't show the Campaign dimension. You'll have to do with source / medium. I can tell for instance that some traffic comes from a Shopping campaign because I see some parameters that I've appended in AdWords in the page URLs, but I can't see any specific campaign data.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.