AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign still gets clicks after being paused??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really don't know why my campaign still gets clicks after being paused. And cost still increases, too. I paused it and set up budget to $0 but it didn't work.

HELP MEEEEEEE! 

Thank u so much!!!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Campaign still gets clicks after being paused??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really don't know why my campaign still gets clicks after being paused. And cost still increases, too. I paused it and set up budget to $0 but it didn't work. HELP MEEEEEEE! Thank u so much!!!

Re: Campaign still gets clicks after being paused??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Newsplus;

Probably charges for clicks made, before pausing the campaign;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV wrote:

Hello Newsplus;

Probably charges for clicks made, before pausing the campaign;

-Moshe

But the problem is impression and clicks still increase after I pause the campaign Smiley Sad 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Newsplus,

In Google AdWords, Reporting is not real-time. There is a 3-hour delay in clicks and impressions tracking. Also, there is a 24-hour delay in conversion tracking reporting.

So if you have paused your campaigns within the last hour, Google will not show your ads but you will see that Google will update your statistics till all the clicks and impressions are included in the statistics.

-Neeti

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

For how long has the campaign been paused?  

the previous posts are correct--data can continue changing slightly for up to 24 hours after ad serving has stopped and conversion data can take up to 48 hours to be posted.

You would only need to be concerned if your campaign has been paused for longer than 2 days and you're still seeing new traffic being served to the ads.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank u so much for your help Smiley Happy Today it gets no statistics Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you add ad extensions? I had an experience when I paused the ads but was still charged.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This three year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!