AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Date Format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For one of my campaigns I pull data for ad performance by day.  I do this by pulling a report with a time>day segment.  Dates used to be in this format: month/date/year (with forward slashes - e.g. 6/18/13).  On the report I pulled today, the dates were year-month-date (with hyphens - e.g. 2013-06-18).  

I would rather have my dates in the old format, as it makes more sense.  Excel readily accepts the old format, or even month-date-year format, but not this strange year-month-date format.  

I'm not sure if I inadvertently changed something on my end, or if it is adwords as a whole that has changed the format (there are a lot of new changes in adwords recently).  Please advise.  

Thank you,

Nick

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Date Format

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nick,

This is a very standard format for dates. It is easily sortable as a string and avoids the necessity of converting to a date before sorting.

I pasted 2013-06-18 into a cell into an Excel spreadsheet. It recognized and formatted that as a date.

I had noticed, when importing some csv's into Excel, some of the date values a quoted. Before importing to Excel, I needed to delete those quotes before Excel would accept the values as dates.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just an FYI: This would work if the hyphens were in the export, but they are not. I am looking at several thousand lines of dates data exported from Analytics and it is all 20160430 for example, which excel cannot use.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.