AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Conversions and Extension Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick Question: I've implemented sitelinks and call extensions for my campaign. 2 of my sitelinks have recorded 14 conversions, while call extension recorded 3 conversions. However,if i view at campaign level, the total conversion is only 8. Why is this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Conversions and Extension Conversion

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Winnie,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

There are a few things to ensure here: Are you looking at the same date range while comparing? Are you comparing conversions or converted clicks? Also, could you check if your conversion counting method is set to 'Unique' or 'All Conversions'? You'll find this under conversions by navigating into settings of the conversion name in question.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Winnie,

I have the same questions as Sumanth as well as a few more:

- Are your call extensions set up to count calls as conversions?
- when you say two extensions counted 14 conversions is that 14 conversions each, or combined?

Sitelink data usually provides data for the whole ad unit, so if both of your extensions are showing together, they are probably double counting conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Winnie,

The numbers for extension conversions count the number of times a certain extension was displayed that resulted in a conversion. They are not unique. If 2 extensions are shown, and the click leads to a conversion, both extensions will show a conversion. These do not add the the total number of conversions.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Winnie,

Extension analysis and understanding what is happening is a complicated process. I have just talked another user through the different levels that you can analyse extensions at. Refer to this link to see the discussion. There you will see where you can view the different types of data available to extensions (specifically sitelink in the article linked). Through the most granular data analysis you are able to see extension specific conversions, namely conversions that happened after a click on a particular extension.

Let me know if that helps or you still have other questions.