AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Campaign Activity Vs Website Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is is that on my Campaign Activity in my billing history is says I've had 100's of clicks per month and yet my website statistics only show 23 for the same period?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Campaign Activity Vs Website Statistics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi GratifyNZ,

That's going to be hard to say without more information from you.

What web stats package are you using?

If you are using Google Analytics, which version of the code are you using?

Where is it placed?

How long does it take for your landing page to load?

Do or did you have Javascript errors on your page?

For your web site statistics, are you looking at referrer data? Not all AdWords clicks will come from the same referrer.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Campaign Activity Vs Website Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Sorry I'm not very tech savy so will answer you the best I can...

We're using what my websitebuilder provides... Advanced Web Statistics 6.7 (build 1.892) - Created by awstats (plugins: geoip_org_maxmind, geoip_city_maxmind, geoip)

Have just investigated my Google Analytics and suspect it's out of date so have updated it (thanks).

When I click on the pages they load straight away (if that's what you mean).  Occasionally there's delays but I suspect that's my broadband supplier rather than the site.

No I don't believe there's any javascript errors as it's disabled.

I'm looking at this data on my website statistics:  Links from an external page (other web sites except search engines)

Thanks