AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Camp settings changed to Conv Optimizer Max CPA - Didn't work... how to change back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm looking to change campaigns settings of a clients account from MAX CPA back to their previous manual bidding and back to their old and original CPC. Will a switch straight from MAX CPA to the manual bidding simply reinstate the last bids before the MAX CPA was brought into effect?

If not, how can I roll this back?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Camp settings changed to Conv Optimizer Max CPA - Didn't work... how to change back?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Go to Campaign Settings and Scroll Down to Bidding and budget. 

Click Edit on Bidding Option & Select Focus On Clicks & Choose I'll manually set my bids for clicks.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Camp settings changed to Conv Optimizer Max CPA - Didn't work... how to change back?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi tengo999,

Swapping back to CPC should bring back the account to the same as when it was switched over.

When using CPA bidding I find it normally takes around 3 weeks before you know if it's working well. How long did you test it for?

Google does collect conversion data from before you switch it on but I am under the impression it stores much more data after you switch CPA bidding on. (additional location, time data etc)